04 January 2008

ETK Lit a Fire Under My Ass

I'm starting to freak a bit!! It's a little over 6 months until the wedding....AHHHHH!!
Ok, so I need to consult "The Bride's Book of Lists" & see where I am when it comes to 6 months out.

Let's where I'm at via self-brainstorm!!
  1. Ceremony site: Prince of Peace Catholic Church (blurry pics) @ 2pm --- CHECK!
  2. Reception site: Saffron's Wrought Iron Hall -- CHECK!!
  3. Invites: Picked out, not ordered -- No worries!
  4. Save the Dates: In process, trying to figure out what route to take -- homemade a la Publisher or order from a site??? Insight PLEASE!!!
  5. Music: Talking to the church man soon
  6. DJ: None yet -- soon, very soon.
  7. Photographer: Dan Murray Photography -- CHECK!!
  8. Engagement Photos -- NONE!!
  9. Site for bridal portrait -- no clue!!
  10. Engagement announcement in paper -- NOPE!! Need #8 completed!!
  11. Bridesmaids Dresses: Picked out, paperwork started, payments soon??!??! -- CHECK!!
  12. Tuxs: Brad's job...cross fingers please!!
  13. Gown: SO DONE!! Got that 2 weeks after we got engaged!! Soon to be in, probably won't need to be altered -- YAY!!
  14. Headpiece: Not found yet
  15. Veil: To be made by Gamma Dolittle
  16. Hair/Make-up: TBD; have the idea for hair already, just need it manifested on my head!!
  17. Hotel rooms: Assigned to soon to be MIL, of course, with my approval!!
  18. Honeymoon: NO F***ING CLUE!!!
  19. Cake: Made by my Aunt Toni; think chocolate, raspberry, more chocolate; need to figure out specifics!!
  20. Groom's cake: Have an idea, need to see if it's possible!!
  21. Flowers: Think calla lilies & hydrangeas
  22. Register: NOT YET but SO DAMN EXCITED!!! Here I come Macy's, Lowe's & Target!!!
  23. Rings: Got the ideas!!
  24. Lose weight & tone up: In progress!!

Ok, so that's approximately where I'm at...but I need to double check against some other type of crazy checklist. I'm thinking so far so good. If you have any advice for me, PLEASE GIVE!! I'm started to get a bit stressed about it all & I'm going to have to take some "mental health" days from work to get this stuff done.


6 comments:

loud said...

Wow, that's a lot of stuff! If you don't have time, just order some save the dates! Although, you are kinda close to the wedding now, so it might not be worth it. Seems like save the dates are for when the wedding is like a year away - invites are going out in a few months anyway.

ETK said...

Seriously - I would not worry about Save the Dates (aka STD - which makes me chuckle). You know I'm totally here for you for engagement photos and stuff like that if you need it. :) I'm not sure exactly where you live, but if it's in or near G'ville - that's only 2 hrs from me. I could make a quick drive out there if you have a good park or some spots in mind. :) I'm free most weekends (except next weekend).

MeMe said...

you know you can always check vista print for the free post cards

mamaof3girls said...

I would have to agree with ETK, save the dates really aren't necessary. Everyone that is going to be invited basically should already know when the date is. It sees like the save the date thing is a recent thing. It is just another thing you have to worry about so don't:)!

Kay Latham Art said...

I agree, forgo the STD's, one less thing to stress over

Mickala said...

Where is Saffron's? It seems to be a popular spot for wedding receptions. We are new to Greenville and just beginning our wedding planning.
Thanks!