12 January 2008

Kicking My Own Fat Ass

My life is now calories. I am obsessed with the website Mariposa sent out to help with maintaining your food intake -- www.fitday.com It's an amazing site that lets you log in all the food & drink you have in a day so you can manage your calorie intake. I went to another website to 1. calculate my BMR, 2. determine the calorie intake for maintaining my weight by using the Harris Benedict Formula, & 3. determine the levels of calorie intake to lose weight.

I've set up a spreadsheet to chart my progress through the weeks. We're doing a shrinkdown thing at school so I'm using those weights within my chart since they are on the nurse's scale & consistent.

I've been pretty consistent so far with my calories. Yesterday was Snacks after school so I went a bit over my limit but I still logged in all my food. Typically I enter my food throughout the day & I also keep a record of it with me just in case I have to log it in later. This is a big thing for me, because I need to be held accountable, you know??

I've also added new activities to my life. Considering my activity level was pretty damn low, I'm started slow & moving up -- I don't want to burn out, which I do pretty easily, I admit. I've added a 20 minute session of yoga to my routine. I now DVR Namaste Yoga on FitTv which comes on every weekday at 6pm so I can do that each night. I also started recording Shimmy, the belly dancing show. I took belly dancing for a year when I was up in VT & LOVED it so I'm incorporating that back in. I'm doing my reps of crunches & push-ups & gradually working my way up to more reps. I'm walking as much as I can...taking advantage of the track at school for that. Just small things to kick it all back in. Hopefully, the gym opening next to us will be opening soon so I can start my circuit training (which I LOVE!!!).

THis is a lifestyle change not a crazy fling. I have to start taking better care of myself which I've slacked on & it shows on me & within me. Wahoo 2008!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But the whadangdang on the fat ass is so nice!

loud said...

Neat. If you buy the full version ($20), it has all those reports built in so you can track stuff through the program.