19 June 2007

It's Official!!!!

Big Daddy & I are engaged.

It happened around 10:30pm last night. We had spent the day up in NC with the parentals. Had a great day & headed home. Dropped by Big Daddy's parents' house on the way home & visited with Pops Rouse for a bit. Were heading home but we decided to detour & drive around like we do & ended up in downtown Greenville. Reese was with us so we decided to park & walk around the downtown area because it's been re-vamped over the last couple years. So we walked around & ended up at Falls Park & the "new" suspension bridge. We take Reese to Falls Park all the time to go swimming so it was familiar territory.

So we were cruising down the bridge looking at G'ville when I see Big Daddy get on one knee & open a little black box. Must admit it's a bit of a blur because I was so overwhelmed -- he aske me to be his wife & for us to spend our lives together & would I marry him...I started crying of course & "yes yes yes".

YAY!!! I'm engaged -- we get to plan a wedding!!! I'm so unbelievably happy!!
The whole experience was so surreal & I can't really believe that I have this beautiful ring on my finger & I have now have a fiance!!! YAY!!!

2 comments:

loud said...

Please pick out a flattering dress for me to wear...please pick out a flattering dress for me to wear...please pick out a flattering dress for me to wear...

11frogs said...

Congratulations!!