01 March 2006

Let Lent Begin

It's so different being away from Louisiana during this time of the year. I know I haven't lived there in almost 4 years, but it's still home. I miss Mardi Gras -- no beads, no wondering through the French Quarter, no Bacchus, no Endymion, no Catholic craziness.

They try to capture the experience here, but really, how do you think Mardi Gras goes over in the Bible Belt?? Yeah, not even close.

I can't wait until I can come home to Mardi Gras, enjoy the parades with my niece and nephew, my sisters, my family. I think some nostalgia is kicking in.

Is this what happens when you start to grow up and put things into perspective??
I might live in South Carolina, but Louisiana will always share my heart when it comes to home.

4 comments:

mamaof3girls said...

I knew you'd miss us dorks! Sorry about the king cake thing, didn't have a chance to get it to you. If you would have let me known earlier, maybe I could have done something! Mardi Gras is real different with kids. Of course my husband wants to go trudging through the quarter with the kids in tow. Don't think so!

Mouse said...

Tell him that the Mardi Gras Nazi is going to have to take some time off and it's time to think about Mardi Gras from a different point of view.

It's not about how many square miles you can cover in 5 hours, it's about the smiles on your kids faces when they experience the FUN of Mardi Gras.

mamaof3girls said...

THANK YOU!!! Of course you know the kids need to adapt to him not the other way around. Sure you want to get married?:)

Anonymous said...

Yeah,

So I rode in Endymion this year, which was delayed till Sunday (we rode after Endymion). I was supposed to see your sister, but our schedules and your nephew/niece's immune systems did not cooperate. It was actually a lot of fun, but still kind of sad with the city and all.
And having ridden, it is about the smiles on the kids faces, heck everyone's faces.