02 March 2006

A Tostitos Moment


So, I'm sitting in class today and realize something,
groupwork sucks sometimes.

Me and my colleagues within my graduate program are presenting at this huge conference this weekend and they are not doing a damn thing. The whole presentation has come together because of myself and my friend, Crystal. Today when we were going through things and discussing who will talk about what -- 2 people out of 6 volunteered (guess who they are??), everyone else didn't care, didn't want to talk, didn't want to do a damn thing. Now, why are you going to put your name on something and not do anything.

The kicker is that everyone within the group is getting financial compensation through a grant for this. So, Crystal and I do it all and actually care that this goes well, and everyone else sits back and gets money for nothing. This so pisses me off right now.

All I can think about is that Tostitos commercial where the men are watching from a boardroom above at the guys on the street working. They comment on how one man is doing all the work while everyone else is standing back and watching. Then it spans to the woman sitting with her laptop and working in the boardroom where all the men are commenting on the situation in the street. Turns out they are doing the same thing to her and don't realize it.

That's my little vent for today. I needed to jot that down.

2 comments:

mamaof3girls said...

People suck!

Off topic but how did you figure out how to set up your page. I don't recall a how to page on this site. I am so confused.

I take the Praxis II Sat. Did you say it was hard? How long does it take?

I have no idea why I am asking all these stupid questions on your blog but what the hell ever!

Anonymous said...

I am moving to Atlanta this coming up weekend. Call me if you want details.

Your Cousin,
Chris