15 March 2006

Boring yet Lovely

So it's been awhile, I know. It's been a hectic week, so here's the life update.

Shining Stars (the Job Fair) was on Friday, and things went well. I spoke to multiple principals who were interested and it felt wonderful to know that I'm doing all this for the right reason.

I'm teaching my full load right now, and feeling more energized than normal. I plan the lessons out every morning before I begin to teach and it feels so great to see those lessons follow through and my kids are learning. I mean how do you really reach kids when you're talking about ferns and mosses -- it's definitely a stretch, but I think my energy and enjoyment help out the whole situation.

Reese is finally comfortable in the apartment. She's running around, taunting Janis, and knows the sound of the closet door -- to her, it's the treat-food-toy door. The other day I heard muffled barking and followed it to find Reese under the bed barking at Janis, it was awesome! And last night, she started the "wild hair up ass" running circles around the recliner. She provides so much entertainment, I might not need Tivo; nah, that's going a little too far.

So yeah that's the gist of life in the Mouse-Rouse House for this past week.
Not much, but enough to keep a smile on my face.

No comments: