28 February 2006

Let's Try Something New


So last night I was grading papers and was noticing one common trend -- the F.
I hate that letter, I want to throw it away and never see it again, but last night, it was staring me in the face with every quiz I graded. Really, I've never seen that many F's.

My resolution -- BINGO, well actually CELLS, to be exact. The kids today got to play Vocabulary BINGO since they couldn't seem to grasp the information on the quiz. It worked well, kids were interested and therefore, quiet and engaged. They wanted to win, they worked for it, and they were actually learning something.
It was a nice change of pace and it was AWESOME!!

It's amazing when you can see the changes in students after you do something different. I love how a little game of Vocabulary BINGO can rock their world.
I know this is what I want, I love these students. I just want to know they are actually learning something and taking something, anything from science.

Am I weird that this has become my passion???
I hope not.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Myrtle Beach with friends, education stuff, some time away. I need this, I feel drained.

2 comments:

loud said...

It's great that you can be so creative and have a job that you love!

Anonymous said...

Being a teacher you can make such a LIFELONG difference in kids lives. It is corny, but you really do make a difference and I admire you for it. There are tough days just like any job - but I hope you hold on to the joy.

Let no one steal your joy.