05 April 2006

Overextended

So the head of my Master Program has asked me to present a poster I designed for our program at two different conferences at Clemson. As I'm trying to get things organized as the semester is coming to a close, I'm realizing that I have a LOT to do in a very short period of time.

** I have two binders to compile:
  1. An ADEPT portfolio that outlines 10 Performance Dimensions on how capable I am at performing all the required functions of a teacher. This is the design that the Department of Education uses when evaluating new teachers. Basically a lot of crap.
  2. Student Teaching Binder that organizes my whole life as a student teacher this past semester. Also includes other random evaluations and reflections. Another load of crap.

** I have to study for the PLT (Principles of Learning and Teaching) Exam which is a requirement for graduation.
** I have to put together a Capstone project with a tri-fold display discussing my teaching experience and following the chosen metaphor of "Teacher as Adapt, Improvise and Overcome."
** I have to find a cap, gown, and hood for graduation.

I'm beginning to stress a wee bit.

4 comments:

Mouse said...

You know I am a procrastinator extraordinairre!!

2.718 said...

I think that you should mention the importance of all your students wearing the same t-shirt as you everyday in your Capstone project.

Mouse said...

damn fine idea

Anonymous said...

Procrastination is a fine artform. It's amazing to learn what you can do when you don't do anything for a bit.