03 April 2006

I'm a Science Teacher


So, now it is official. I am officially employed by Greenville County as an 8th grade science teacher at Hillcrest Middle. The school is actually in Simpsonville, which is about 15 miles from my house, but the drive is not bad at all; I actually like a drive in the morning to drink some coffee and clear my head before the day begins.

Hillcrest is a larger (1100 students), public middle school based on traditional studies. The school is on the outskirts of the metro area so it's a more rural community. Really, I couldn't have asked for a better position right off. The school is great, the students are great and the principal is awesome.

So yeah, my life will now be filled with 8th graders and lots of Earth Science. I'm gonna love this!!!

3 comments:

mamaof3girls said...

Woo Woo! Congrats! Maybe now I can get a damn job!

Mouse said...

HaHa, I will never live that down.

2.718 said...

Congratulations. Welcome to the wonderful world of health benefits.