29 November 2007

I am now officially a FlyBaby

I have become overwhelmed with all the new responsibilities in my life when it comes to maintaining a full house, working full time, trying to plan a wedding, dealing with the MASSIVE amounts of leaves in my forest of a lot & never seeing my fiance due to our COMPLETELY OPPOSITE work schedules. I've never been a "clean freak" but I have gotten much better over the years but I needed something to help me organize it all and give me tasks for my days. So I wanted to give FlyLady a try.

I'm on Day 5 & so far so good. The beginning phases are just introductions into making routines for yourself. Everyday is another little something. I am supposed to be working myself in easily with no additions but I am slowly entering into Zone Work & Decluttering. I have to admit my house doesn't have much clutter but I have some areas that need some help so this is helping me get to them a little bit at a time -- 15 minutes of work is a lot less daunting than taking on a huge project all at once. I'm actually really liking this & I'm seeing a difference in me & my house.

I've also taken it another step too. I've become the Mission Fairy for some of my friends at work; some of the ladies are in need of some motivation. Every now & again when a good mission comes in from the 10,000 e-mails I get daily from FlyLady, I cut, paste & distribute among us. For example: "Put 5 minutes on your timer (every teacher has a timer) & tackle the clutter on your desk. Throw stuff away, organize, don't look back. " I've given 2 missions this week -- one for work, one for home. Every one LOVED it. They all admitted they needed something to give them a push.

So, we'll see how this works. Tonight I've already wiped down my kitchen, emptied the dishwasher that was freshly washed (that's amazing for me!!), swept the Reese/Big Daddy tracks, de-cluttered for 15 minutes in my Hot Spot, designated a "To Donate" box & I'm about to start my Zone job for the day...dust the hard-to-reach spots in the living room (but only for 15 minutes!!!).

Fly Baby Fly!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Flylady!!! Go with the baby steps, they help establish your routine. It has been my sanity for I don't know how long. Take time to develop your routines. I'm so proud of you!!!

MeMe said...

maybe I need to rethink the flylady - I did it at the old house but since I have been in the new house I forgot about it. I think it would help...
We can't wait to see you at Christmas

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.