14 September 2007

So I've slacked off these last couple weeks & haven't actually written a post.
So here's the Mouse Rouse update.

School started back & so far, so good. There's a different dynamic to this set of kids compared to last year. These kids are very academic & bright yet very social as well. I have tons more kids this year too. I have 135 kids this year over 5 class periods -- that's CRAZY, especially in a science class. My smallest class is 26 kids (last year my biggest was 26) so I'm constantly "on".

I met my "teacher leader" yesterday. She's the woman who heads all those wonderful observations/evaluations this year. I'm not too stressed about the evaluations & such -- I know I'm a good teacher. I'm involved with my students & I love teaching them -- I just have to get through this "i approve of you" nonsense & then I'm home free!!!

Big Daddy started school back & things are going well so far. He does have one professor who hates tests so she requires a paper a week; he's on week 3 & already tired of it. Work for him is going well too; his manager is leaving & heading to another restuarant so there is some re-arranging going on within the ranks --- this could be a good think for Big Daddy. I'll keep you updated as more info comes in.

The Old Mill is rocking -- we got a new fridge so now we have 2 fridges & 3 freezers. Now we just need food to fill them. We're about to start the crazy work of tilling the whole yard, mulching, laying seed -- I'm ecstatic...it's going to be a shitload of work for our huge yard that got neglected over the past 5 years. But hey, I like a challenge!!!

So yeah, that's about it I think -- got to get back to my teacher schtuff.
Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad all is going well - so thinking about bachlorette party (did I spell that right?)... New Orleans? Maybe an early one before it gets too hot - you do have to have two you know... whadaya think? Party night - brunch next day????

Mouse said...

Yes, definitely!!!!