19 September 2007

4 years...

Monday was Big Daddy & I's 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been 4 years first of all -- somedays it feels shorter, others it feels longer. I have to think back & reflect on all that has happened in the last 4 years.

July 2003 -- Move to G-vegas from VT thinking it's temporary while I'm looking for grad schools or culinary programs
August 2003 -- Realize I'm liking G-vegas, get a serving job at the worst restaurant ever
September 2003 -- Start hanging out with Big Daddy considering we work together; realize I like having him around
September 17, 2003 -- Big Daddy & I start the "romance"
October 2003 -- get a place to settle into while I figure out what I'm doing & practically do nothing for about a year except wait tables & chill
October 2004 -- Interview & get accepted into graduate school at Clemson for teaching
January 2005 -- start grad school; Big Daddy supports me immensely during the whole thing
March 2005 -- start working at MUCH better restaurant to support my grad school ass
August 2005 -- start the student teaching experience while still working
March 2006 -- GET A JOB!!! 8th grade science, here I come!!
May 2006 -- GRADUATION!! Holy shit, I got my Master's; a personal goal I can check of the list
August 2006 -- start my career as a teacher; very scary!!!
June 2007 -- survive my first year teaching & I'm pretty damn good at this stuff
June 18, 2007 -- Big Daddy proposes!!!!
August 8, 2007 -- turn 28, close on the Old Mill
August 14, 2007 -- start my 2nd year teaching; not as scary the 2nd time around
September 17, 2007 -- 4 years down, a lifetime to go!!

So yeah, that's a sum-up for ya. Big Daddy & I went out to eat at our favorite Thai place in G-vegas, Sweet Basil, on Monday. I always get the same thing but this time I strayed from the norm & got some Thai curry -- Mossaman curry based with coconut cream. It was amazing. It makes me remember why I should change up what I order -- sometimes, I just get stuck in the rut of "I'm going to get what I like!!"

4 years have truly flown by -- I love my man, I'm a lucky woman.

1 comment:

MeMe said...

congrats on 4 years! I am so happy you are Happy!!!!
ok so that was cheesy - it is late