27 August 2007

Inspiration from Loud

So Loud has been shopping for new dresses for her dancing tourny & she inspired me to start buckling down & looking for bridesmaid & flower girl dresses. I ran through about 25 websites looking at bridesmaids gowns & believe me, it was interesting to see what was out there.

Anything & everything -- Hawaiian, African, pageant-esque, matronly; it was an enlightening experience for me. Thank God, I knew what I was looking for.

So, this one is the forerunner for me. The wedding is mid-summer during mid-day so I wanted tea-length. The top is a tank-style so it helps in the bust area. Plus, the dress is empire waisted into an A-line which is very forgiving. Not to mention, the awesome skirt for dancing (ie. twirl-approved).

For the color, I'm thinking rose with a dark brown sash.

Most likely, the accompanying flowers will be white calla lilies.

What do you think??

For Maddie, I'm LOVING this one!!! The spaghetti straps, the assymetrical crystal work on the bodice which compliments the crystals on my dress and the skirt is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I'm having fun starting to think about all this -- it's so exciting!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them both! Do we get to wear kick booty shoes??? Of course they'll probably kill our feet, but with dresses like that we gotta have good shoes... :-)
Check out colors for the flower girl dress - so pretty!

loud said...

I approve. Can we wait to order the dresses until next year (for ease of fitting since I'm bound to loose all the weight I don't need, right)?

Mouse said...

Most definitely, the dresses take 10-12 weeks to come in anyway...