26 October 2007

My Sister Heroes

I have an old friend from high school who I lost touch with after graduation; she surprisingly enlisted in the Marines, I went to LSU. We were lucky enough to find each other again and re-gain a our friendship on a much different level over the last year or so. She contacted me earlier because she noticed my new slide show on my MySpace page. My friend knew Mariposa as well & we all spent a lot of time together during my deviant high school days & was interested to know more about my pictures.

Her interest in the 3-Day sparked me again and made me realize how truly proud I am of my big sisters. I've always looked up to my sisters, they've ALWAYS shown me what I want to strive for in life. I can say that I am truly lucky to have such wonderful role models. I've always been a step behind when it comes to growing up & figuring things out in my life; my sisters always supported me in whatever I wanted to do & lifted me up when I fell down. They've always been there for me and it brings tears to my eyes to think how much I look to them when I need something/anything.

The whole 3-Day experience lifted them up a little higher on the pedestal I have them standing on. They were already my role-models but now they are whole-heartedly my heroes. They are selfless, fundraising machines who walked their asses off. Everyday I saw them on the route, I welled up with love for my big sisters...they are amazing women & deserve to hear that a lot more than they probably do.

I LOVE YOU LOUD & MARIPOSA!!!
YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO BE YOUR LITTLE SISTER!!
YOU ROCK BIG SISTERS!!!









Both within the family and without,
our sisters hold up our mirrors:
our images of who we are
and of who we can dare to be.

3 comments:

loud said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You are too sweet - and we wouldn't be who we are without our Mouse. It's is a dynamic relationship that was guided by our loving parents. We have a rocking family that just loves life - that is what it is about. Okay - drank too much wine tonight! I love you sista!

Kay Latham Art said...

I am truly blessed and thank
God everyday for my wonderful daughters and their precious father.