15 June 2006

Laid back...


So it's been a little while since I've posted. I got a call from Crazy to say that I haven't posted so here it is -- it won't be that interesting really. Here's my life update --

Janis is now back home -- she was cremated and now we have her safely back at the apartment. I'm glad she's here, it makes me feel more at ease. Yes I know, she was just a cat. But she was my cat, my cat for 10 years, she helped me through so much, to me she will never be just a cat -- she was my Jaybird. Last night I had a little moment. I know it sounds crazy but I can't help but feel her around me. I was sitting on the couch, with Reese begging me for food and I swear Janis ran around the corner. I know it's just me being crazy but when you have a companion for 10 years it's hard not to see her out the corner of your eye sometimes.

Moving on from cat ghosts -- Reese got fixed this week. She was pretty damn pathetic and I couldn't help but have some sympathy pains (PMS, really) for the girl. Overall she's done well and she came out with three new toys -- Henrietta the Hippo, a new rope toy, and a chewy bone from her friend, Divo. Yes, I know she is spoiled.

Otherwise, life is pretty simple. Working Th-Sun nights at Chili's and enjoying the days. I like being able to enjoy summer. I can definitely get used to this. I'm going to start heading to Hillcrest next week to start figuring things out for the classroom. I need to get so many things to keep organized -- that's one key to success when it comes to teaching, just keep organized.

I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks. Next week, I'm staying with my friend Julie while her man is on a fishing trip -- we need some girl time together. Then the munchkins are coming!!! I'm so excited to see them and spend some time with them, yay!!!! After that, Coon Dog Day with Reese and then heading to Gatlinburg. (FYI -- there was a 3.1 magnitude earthquake today in the Smoky Mountains close to Gatlinburg -- very cool.)

So there, a boring little update -- Reese is now spazzing around the apartment, chasing her tail full speed and then falling over because she's dizzy. Now re-arranging the couch cushions to her liking and nose-diving her new hippo toy and hitting me with it. I could go on and on -- she provides so much entertainment.

More when something interesting happens...

2 comments:

mamaof3girls said...

Just wanted a little update, was that so hard. I am scrounging for something since you NEVER call! I am so female! I miss my movie buddy! Hubby wants to see dumb movies. I need to see the Break-Up! Just come down here so we can go see it. Please, Please, Please! Ok, need food.Love, me

Mouse said...

I'm trying to figure out when I can come...I'll let you know. I miss my movie buddy too -- it's not the same with Brad, and I never see the chick-flicks anymore. I do miss you!!1